The Phillips Respironics DreamStation Heated Humidifier is the humidifier designed to connect directly to the DreamStation machine. The humidifier offers a standard heating setting and an adaptive mode which will automatically adjust the heat and moisture settings. The adaptive setting is designed to provide a high level of moisture to the air flow while preventing the chances of rain-out or water condensing in the hose. The Standard setting will provide a constant level of humidification during sleep apnea therapy.
A user-friendly design of the DreamStation Heated Humidifier allows easy access to the water chamber for cleaning and refilling purposes. Furthermore, the DreamStation uses DryBox technology to trap water within the walls of the unit if it were to escape the water chamber. The air outlet port also uses a one way valve to prevent water from entering the machine.
- Standard Heating Mode: The humidifier can be set in a standard heating mode which provides constant heat levels throughout the night, with both the humidifier and heated tube having heat settings of 0 to 5 with 0 being off and 5 being the highest heat.
- Adaptive Mode: The Adaptive mode monitors ambient humidity and automatically adjusts heat levels during the night to provide optimum humidity.
- Preheat: Preheat will heat the humidifier up to 30 minutes before starting therapy.
- Fixed Mode: The fixed mode allows you to apply constant heat on the humidifier heated plate rather than adapt to the surroundings.
- Dry Box Technology: Dry Box Technology was created to help reduce the chance of water damage when the OPTIONAL humidifier is used with the DreamStation machine. The Dry Box is designed to trap the water within the walls of the unit to prevent water from traveling through the machine and humidifier connection.
- Optional Heated Tube: The Heated Tube increases therapy comfort by helping to maintain heat and moisture. No more Rainout, The Heated Tube maintains the temperature of the air delivered to the patient, Preventing Rainout, even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. If the humidifier is not being used, the heated tube can be connected directly to the machine, though will not heat.
- Water Chamber: The 325mL water chamber is located in the center of the machine. The water chamber should be cleaned by hand daily with warm water and a mild detergent; or in the dishwasher, on the top rack, once a week. Once clean it should be allowed to dry out completely, out of direct sunlight and/or heat, before reinstalling in your sleep therapy device.
The DreamStation Heated Humidifier is only compatible with the Phillips Respironics DreamStation series machines.
Return on Warranty Issues Only