Product has been discontinued. Parts are still available.
If you are looking for a CPAP Sanitizer, CPAPs Etc recommends the following:
As an automated machine, the SoClean® 2 CPAP Sanitizer will thoroughly clean and disinfect your CPAP equipment including the mask, hose, and reservoir on a daily basis.
The cleaning process starts by keeping all your CPAP equipment connected and does not require any water or other chemicals. The equipment remains completely dry during the sanitizing process.
• Eliminates 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and mold
• Peace-of-mind sanitizing
• Completely automated
• Keep CPAP equipment together and connected
• No water or chemicals are used in the machine or on your equipment
• Sanitizing process is used in water purification, hospitals, and produce handling
The SoClean 2 sanitizing machine was designed for any mask to be used within the chamber ranging from Nasal Pillow masks to Full Face CPAP masks.
CPAP models that use a heated hose will require an adapter to maintain the heated hose function. If your CPAP machine doesn't have heated tubing, no adapter is necessary.
For the best performance of the machine and to provide a clean mask the Filter and Check Valve must be replaced every 6 months.
If your CPAP uses a Heated Hose, please select the appropriate adapter from the options above when you order.
Return on Warranty Issues Only
1. Can I keep the SoClean attached permanently to my unit, or should I detach the SoClean each night and then plug in my CPAP hose?
You should not have to disconnect anything that is the wonderful thing about the SoClean. Once you have it set up, you can leave it until you have to replace your CPAP hose. In some cases when used with a heated hose adapter you may have to disconnect the water chamber to fill with water.
2. Can I position the SoClean on a shelf below my CPAP, or does the SoClean need to be level with my CPAP?
Preferably the SoClean should be level with your CPAP so the flow is easier, but you can put it on a shelf below your CPAP. You will have enough hose length. If you do put it below your CPAP unit we ask that you periodically look at the check valve assembly to make sure there is no water in the clear tube as this can harm you SoClean unit. If you do see water, you should replace the check valve assembly.
3. Isn’t the small tube under water during cleaning? Or is the reservoir supposed to be dry during cleaning?
If you have water in your reservoir, the tube needs to be submerged In order to get the activated oxygen to clean the water. However, you can also run the SoClean without water in the reservoir.
4. Does the small hose that goes into the water chamber affect my CPAP air pressure or act as a leak?
The small hose would have a minimal effect if any on your CPAP air pressure. In rare cases if you have a BI-PAP or A-PAP machine a heated hose adapter may be required to ensure proper pressure. The small hose does not act like a leak.
5. How long will the SoClean machine last?
We warranty the SoClean for one year. However, in our testing we simulated running the machine for over 5 years and experienced no issues.
6. Do I need to replace any SoClean parts?
Yes. Once every six months or so (depending on run times), the check valve and the filter need to be replaced. These items are sold together in a kit; the machine is programmed to tell you when these are needed.
7. Can I use the SoClean with 2 Cpap machines?
The SoClean is designed to stay connected to one CPAP machine. You can clean two CPAP machines, however you will need to disconnect and reconnect your CPAP equipment. This would be extremely cumbersome and not recommended.
8. Can I use the SoClean to sanitize anything other than my Cpap equipment?
Only the mask with the head gear should be placed into the chamber of the SoClean.
9. When and why do you need the pre-wash?
The pre-wash is intended to use prior to the first use of your SoClean or when introducing new equipment to your CPAP system; to wash your mask, hose and reservoir. The pre-wash is a fragrance-free hypoallergenic cleaning solution. The pre-wash neutralizes any pre-existing odors from detergents, and removes any residue from the manufacturing process.
10. How do I use the pre-wash?
The pre-wash we send is just fragrance-free dish soap. You should use the pre-wash in the same way that you would use dish soap to wash your CPAP reservoir, hose and mask.
11. Will the SoClean work with my heated humidifier?
Yes, there should be no problem with a heated humidifier, which is standard on most CPAP machines.
12. What if I do not use a heated humidifier, can I still use the SoClean?
Yes the SoClean works with a humidifier or without out one. If you do not use a humidifier then the SoClean will sanitize the hose, mask, and headgear.
13. Should I use distilled water as my Cpap provider suggests or can I use tap water?
Distilled water should be used as there are sediment and minerals in the tap water.
14. Will the SoClean work with my heated hose?
Yes, but you will need an adapter.
15. How long does the SoClean need to run?
We recommend that you run the SoClean between 5-10 minutes each day. It comes preset at 7 minutes. If you are running your CPAP machine dry, (with no water in the humidifier or no humidifier) then you can cut the time down to between 3-5 minutes.
16. What size mask fits in the SoClean?
The chamber has a 5” X 5” opening and is 7” deep. Any mask under that size will fit.
17. Can I stop washing my Cpap equipment if I use the SoClean?
Your CPAP equipment is completely sanitized every time you use the SoClean. However, the SoClean will not remove facial oils or dust or other foreign materials. You should hand wash your CPAP equipment with the pre-wash solutions every 5-6 weeks.
18. Does the SoClean get rid of facial oils on my Cpap mask?
The SoClean will inhibit facial oil build-up, but it will not remove the oils. Although the SoClean will sanitize and kill any viruses, bacteria or fungi on your mask some inert residue can be left behind. You may need to wipe off your mask from time to time or even use the pre wash provided.
19. If I wash my mask before putting it into the SoClean, does it have to be completely dry?
It would be better to run the SoClean when you mask is completely dry.
20. Is it better to refill your reservoir before or after the SoClean runs? Does it make a difference?
You can refill your reservoir before or after use with the SoClean- it does not really make a difference.
21. There is oily residue on my mask. Is my mask deteriorating?
It is probably oily reside as addressed above. The mask should be fine after cleaning.